Thursday, June 11, 2009

the snow symphony live in urbanattic, capsquare

well......the story was....a bunch of us was having this mamak session right after rehearsal when Nick Davis simply said "eh..come sing for my band la"...i thought he was joking but then i saw my picture was tag in this featuring thing...i found out i was one of his guest performer...
well....i guess it was ok la...until sunday night where suddenly i found out i have to harmonize this one particular song which eventually was not my genre....but i tried....i really tried and yea..i think i pulled it off......we didn't have much practice at all......eventually some part didn't go too well......it wasn't really anybody's fault coz 1) they didn't let us sound check 2) sound system sucks and 3) didn't have much practice on my part.... eventually the show must go on.....and i don't blame Nick for being frustrated with me or the place.but i think, instead of being frustrated and complaining and all, why can't we appreciate with what's been a blast there...... some of the pictures that really made me smile that night....

i was so happy to see them..they actually came just to support..... Arja, Joshua and Joe.....u guys really made my day when i 1st saw u walking in.....
the snow symphony consists of Savy, Nick, Ivan and Andrew performing one of the numbers before they brought me up..... the lighting was awesome....the setting was not bad as well.....just a few minor problem with the sound but overall i thought it was ok...
yea....i was up there singing for them....just backed them up.... although it doesn't really go that well...but i think the audience actually liked it.....i mean...the song was great.... what can a performer ask for right?
the eye contact part.....because we only practice the song 2 days earlier..so i'm not really sure where to come in...so yea...i looked at Nick alot to give me queue to come in...which didn't go too well.....but according to arja, lien chai and joe, when we had our solo moment..it was perfect... they loved nick's voice and my eerie sound during the instrumental part.... :D
it was so weird coz when we practice i never wanna experiment too much with my voice...i'm really scared that i would give them the wrong impression but on stage.....i was more erm..confident? :P
yea.....i almost screamed my lungs out....and thank goodness it wasn't off pitch!!!! there was this one person actually asked me to 'goreng' a few pitch for his band as well.......i don't really know how i sound like coz i can't hear myself on stage..ou well.... -_-'''
Tapai, Nick Dorian and Iness...who came later but still...they didn't missed my 5second of fame slot..so i love them for that..... :D

the friends of kaki blue and others that came.... this is only a part of my friends....others that actually came but got no chance to take a picture of them was Nabil, Shah, Barbara and her friends....thank you so much for coming......eventually....half of the audiences are my friends.... for those who really wanted to come but couldn't make it.....thanks so much for the sms-es...

so yea...like i said before...although it doesn't really go the way Nick wanted but overall......it was a fun day for me..... thank's Nick for inviting me at the very last minute...was great performing with the snow symphony!!! :D

cheers

Shahila Johan www.shahila86.blogspot.com

<3

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job babe!
Sing more next time. We are here to support you.

June 14, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home